Desert Kitty hates titles

Member Since Jul 2008
6,986 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Unhappy Aug 10, 2023 at 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discombobulated View Post
I don’t think he did tell them to stop, there’s all kinds of different pressures on young guys to appear cool. Yes probably women get more harassment but men definitely can.

My own thoughts are that those of us who raise sons and daughters have a responsibility to address this stuff. My son has spoken out when he has seen others being harassed. In fact I work with younger men and actually they also call out that kind of behaviour from other men. From my experience I see that sort of thing improving from my younger days. Just my perspective and experience of course.
In my experience, it's the much younger men that are courteous to me and older men seem to do the harassing, most of the time. It seems to be a generational thing, as the older men seem to think it's flattering to women to behave that way. And in my post about those two men, both of them were much older than me.

Younger men were raised under the MeToo movement, so there's way more awareness of what they say and do now. Previous generations had no such movement. Because so many women speak up now, and it's involved famous men too at times, today's young men are more conscious. Of course not ALL but it's a different time now.

I'm also thinking of Anita Hill and how if the trial were held today, the outcome would be different.

Hmmm....looks like some good tips in here.

"Okay, enough photos. I'm a very BUSY Business Kitty, so make an appointment next time."
nonightowl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
Discombobulated