jesyka
Poohbah

Member Since Jun 2020
270 hugs
given
Default Aug 10, 2023 at 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonightowl View Post
By the time the guy in the shop made a scene, it was too late for ME to make one, lol. Seriously, it wasn't funny though.

Their behavior gets reinforced by people who think it's okay. They are raised as boys, that it's okay for "boys to be boys" and get away with such behavior. Women don't come up to the men like that, in general. But men approach women. And my "friend" was so invalidating, it was hurtful and disrespectful not to see my side of it. She thinks it's a compliment and said she wished men noticed HER. Be careful of what you wish for, and that kind of attention is NOT a compliment. But you know how some women can be, not at all supportive.

Men are always harassing me actually. It's usually from much older men, who think they are some kind of Don Juan. It's sad in a way.

I've never taken an Uber or Lyft, I don't even have the app or know how to use it anyway. Still, I wouldn't be comfortable at all. I've taken cabs before but that feels more "regulated" or something.
It’s sad & disturbing to how some men can easily get away with this disgusting behavior. If I had a friend like that, I’d end the friendship.

Maybe taking a cab is better.
jesyka is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
nonightowl