Wise Elder

Member Since Dec 2017
3,632 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Aug 11, 2023 at 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by divine1966 View Post
It’s important to stand your ground but be mindful re complaining about colleagues that early on the job. It hasn’t even been a month. Even if your bosses are receptive, they’ll take a note that you aren’t a team player and complain so early on. I am not saying you are wrong, just be mindful how it looks.

Maybe you could speak to the guy directly how you two could discuss disagreements in the future. Like going off line. Maybe building good rapport with him will pay off.

And even if he and all the rest of them are all inferior to you, he holds a senior strategist position. Even if he sucks and is inexperienced, your bosses apparently value him and his job. I’d be careful bringing up how long he’s been doing something. They might not care about it

Again not saying you are wrong. Just be careful creating a reputation for yourself that you can’t get along with people. You might be better exerting your authority by demonstrating quality of your work, which you have been doing
Well, the difference is that this guy I complained about is in the EXTERNAL AGENCY and NOT within my OWN COMPANY. My company hired THEM, and we PAY THEM for their services. So, I felt it was within my rights to go to this guy's boss and let him know that as the CLIENT, I felt I was treated disrespectfully.

There's a HUGE DIFFERENCE between going to MY BOSS about an INTERNAL COLLEAGUE and going to the agency's boss to let him know that I didn't appreciate the disregard of my professional input and opinion on a client call.

The agency MJUST be mindful of how their employees speak with us on the phone and in client calls and they MUST be respectful of our opinions and input.

I also highly DOUBT that the agency director brought this to my boss's attention. He likely does not want to shed a spotlight on it. And I told him that I did not bring it to my own boss's attention internally.

~4 Non Blondes
Have Hope is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote