Member Since May 2017
10.4k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Aug 11, 2023 at 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonesomeTonight View Post
Dear T,
When I was driving away from session, it occurred to me: We talked about how my mom was someone I felt I couldn't criticize, in part because she couldn't deal well with criticism (and those in her life seemed/seem to feel that way, too--or maybe they just thought/think she's so great that there's no reason to criticize or question her?). But I feel that way about you, too. Yes, I do that sometimes anyway. But I wonder if that's what some of the enactments are about? Of course...I feel I can't tell you this because saying you don't deal well with criticism is...criticism. And I don't want to end up in some conflict because of that. At the same time, it seems like an important thing to explore...

Also, duh, I should have known what the name "Motown" came from. I want to email to be like, "Motor City, duh!" but that's probably too friend-like, so I'll try to just remember to mention it Monday.
Love,
LT
Sorry for butting in LT, but not being able to offer feedback which could be interpreted as criticism, isn't indicative of a truly safe relationship. You are having to hide what you feel. It becomes about him and trying to avoid more potential conflict and further ruptures. It's still there in the room with you even if you don't verbalize it.

Thanks for this!
East17, Elio, LonesomeTonight