Thread: Again?!
View Single Post
Anonymous43372

Default Aug 14, 2023 at 12:29 PM

Seriously, these 3 people are super toxic to me. And...why? I'm just the temp.

Example 1:

A tenant asked for a new fob/key. They have a wall cupboard of fobs and keys. I could have easily programmed the fob and given the tenant a new apt key, by taking one of the extra keys off of his apt # hook.

Did the two guys/staff members let me? Nope.
The poor tenant has been waiting 4 hours and these two guys couldn't be bothered to give me the task to take over.

Example 2:

They don't communicate with me at all - and there's zero training so I don't have a list of the full extend of what my tasks are to help tenants with, other than answer the phone and input maintenance requests.

There are daily events that take place here, run by outside volunteers. These two guys don't have a list of the volunteers or events to give to me, so that I can be informed to answer tenants' questions, and help set up/break down the events (coffee and donuts, etc.) and attend so that I could get to know the tenants.

Example 3:

Territorial behavior from the two guys. The front desk is long and has two chairs. One chair is in front of 3 monitors, which the security guards sit overnight at. I could sit there too, but I sit on the second chair next to the 3 monitors with the laptop the main office manager gave me to use for work requests etc. The 2 of the 3 monitors are cameras and the 3 monitor is the property mgmet email that's open. So I wouldn't use it anyway.

So, i sit off to the side and the tenants all know me. They like my ice breaker "trivia questions" that I write on the white board with the day's high/low temperatures too.

The territorial male behavior (equivalent to a male dog kicking up dirt after he poops) is today when the property manager took MY chair to sit and view the cameras instead of sitting in the middle chair in front of the 3 monitors.

He did that to claim his territory from me, "the temp" because I have to assume that he ignores me, dismisses me, because 1) I'm a temp and 2) he HATES the positive feedback that the tenants and the nonprofit case workers give him about my positive presence at the front desk.

He was a total **** too, ignoring me standing behind him. He didn't say anything to me or even acknowledge my existence.

He wouldn't even answer my question, "Will you extend my contract for this role?" So, I have to assume "no," he won't. He's just too arrogant or can't be bothered to treat me with respect. Hopefully, his supervisor will respond to my email question. Otherwise, fine. I'll just finish the week.

Meanwhile, I continue to apply for jobs. What else can I control?
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Open Eyes, unaluna