Thread: Again?!
View Single Post
Anonymous43372

Default Aug 15, 2023 at 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Open Eyes View Post
Maybe something will develop with the non profit.
I will say some prayers 🙏🙏 for you and ask Saint Anthony to help you find a job you can flourish in. ❤️
Quote:
Originally Posted by divine1966 View Post
Fingers crossed for that job prospect. Good idea to ask her info so you can send a cover letter.

It sounds that these type of jobs are a good fit for you. It sounds rewarding. These people need the support and someone who cares.

How are the kitties doing? Are they ok settling in a new place?
I'm really depressed now.

A classmate from my grad program who is the HR director recommended me for an admin role at her company.

I interviewed for the role then received a rejection email today.

I emailed my classmate today to ask her what happened, since she is also the hiring manager for her company.

So, she recommended me to her colleagues who were filling the role, THEN she decided to reject me without ANY email explaining her decision.

She has a masters degree like me, but chose to ignore my feelings. She sat next to me at our graduation ceremony this spring and knew that my mom died because we had class together when my mom died.

So, I'm flummoxed by her lack of respect and professionalism. Apparently, she doesn't respect me...at all.

If I had been in her shoes, I 1) wouldn't recommend a classmate whom I didn't want to hire. Or 2) I would realize my mistake, then send my classmate an email or phone call explaining my hiring decision so that I respect his/her feelings and not mess up the social connection.

I think My 30 year work history is like a cursed object from the Harry Potter movies. A Horcrux of my former, awful job-hopping self.

What the...I will never stop rolling my boulder up a hill, will I?
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Open Eyes