Thread: Again?!
View Single Post
Anonymous43372

Default Aug 15, 2023 at 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by divine1966 View Post
How awful. Did she respond? Is it possible that it wasn’t her decision not to hire you or was there someone else interviewed who they thought was better? I really don’t understand what’s happening with you not getting jobs. Gaps in employment should not be causing so many problems. I’d want an explanation so I could use it for my benefit for the next interview. Ridiculous

Honestly having masters degree doesn’t mean this woman would be so insightful all of a sudden. Nowadays one can’t get ahead without masters so everyone and their mama has it. But many people still suck. Degree doesn’t change who people are
Very awful because it's so unnecessary and insensitive, considering she sat next to me at our graduation ceremony and feigned comforting words to me when I told my class that my mom had died.

She's the Direct of HR so it's actually HER decision. She makes all the hiring decisions. Has for a decade.

I think I have bad references...or people like her are turned off by my personality? And don't like me?

I agree. People with employment gaps as wide as the cracks in the Grand Canyon get jobs all the time.

So, like I said, I'm Horcruxing myself somehow. I have ****ed myself over and either no one will tell me the truth why they won't hire me, or I'm just a huge asshole and don't deserve to work a real job/develop a career.

I really don't know what's happening to me. Clearly, I'm the problem. It's my resume. It's my personality. So, I'm the problem. That part is obvious.

To quote TS, "it's me. I'm the problem. It's me."

I guess I"m an anti-hero? Anti-heroes are good people but our different approach to achieve our goals doesn't fit within societal norms? Possibly?

Maybe I should just become a writer or stand up comedian. I sure as hell have 30 years worth of material I could mine material from.

Last edited by Anonymous43372; Aug 15, 2023 at 01:46 PM..
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Open Eyes