Legendary Wise Elder

Member Since Jun 2013
14.4k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Aug 16, 2023 at 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loial View Post
I was just playing some guitar and likewise hitting wrong notes or not accurate enough..

Still I already feel I’m getting my dexterity back. Was playing Polly by Nirvana, it’s fairly easy.

After 16 years I’m for sure it’ll take some time but I believe you’ll get there.

After all you l picked up some Ukulele well!
Thanks! Yeah and this time I have weekly lessons with an instructor so that will help a lot having feedback every week. I’m committed to keep taking lessons for at the very least 10 years if possible. I’d like to take them for a very long time. Cause there’s a lot to learn on violin and it will take time. Plus practicing daily will help. And eventually getting a better violin should help a bit too. I’m giving myself a year on this cheap $100 violin (my bow is good though, it’s not the one it came with, the one it came with is really crappy so I’m not using that one. The one I’m using it’s a carbon fiber one that cost more than my violin, my boyfriend got it for my for my birthday. I’m committed to using this violin for a year then once I’ve stuck with it and gotten a little better on this one and once I’ve saved money I’ll upgrade to a beginners one that’s around $400-$500. I’m gonna have to find a local violin shop as well so I can get repairs done and whatever if it’s ever necessary.

R.I.P mom 8/6/55-1/15/16

“All the darkness in the world cannot extinguish the light of a single candle.” -St. Francis of Assisi

Thanks for this!
Angelique67, cogladaid, Desoxyn, Loial, SlumberKitty, Sometimes psychotic