Magnate

Member Since Mar 2021
1,205 hugs
given
Default Aug 16, 2023 at 11:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesyka View Post

You don’t get into peoples personal space like that & bully them for no reason
In my opinion, and it is not criticism directed at you personally but at a current trend, it is hugely disrespectful to victims of true bullying to do what you are doing here. Think of children who are actually bullied in school and are afraid to go to the classroom each morning. You were involved in a trivial and fleeting incident where the singer did not do anything bad to you and you are essentially equating your situation with that of children who are oppressed, frightened and put into dehumanizing situations day in and day out.

I believe that had you ever been a victim of true bulling, like such children, you would have known the difference well. That you throw around big words such as assault and trauma means that you are all too happy to claim yourself a victim and be part of that modern trend. When people point that out to you, you wrongly accuse them of victim blaming and victim shaming. They are not blaming or shaming you as a victim; they are telling you that you are NOT a victim here.

I have not read the other thread about alleged assault so I am only sharing my impression based on this post.

Similar to the chiropractor example, you are not seeing a comical situation for what it is, a comical situation. I do not know how to help that other than to suggest that when you engage in what you call analysis, you pause to consider that the situation you are trying to analyze might be purely comical. Maybe even make this the first thing to analyze: can this be a comical situation that you are not seeing as comical because of a tendency to assign yourself the status of a victim prematurely and without a justification?

Last edited by Tart Cherry Jam; Aug 16, 2023 at 11:21 PM..
Tart Cherry Jam is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
ArtleyWilkins, AvidReader, divine1966, Nammu, TishaBuv