View Single Post
Have Hope
Wise Elder

Member Since Dec 2017
3,676 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Aug 17, 2023 at 04:26 AM

Wow, so this is odd but very interesting.

You know how everyone's going ga ga over the recent Barbie movie? Well, pink is trending way up as a result, so my company beefed up their pink apparel page, I worked on it for SEO, and we launched a revamped page today.

My boss gave ME credit for the idea, when I believe it was my more junior male colleague who pointed out that searches for pink clothes and shoes was trending way up on the website. I mentioned this to my boss, telling her I believe it was his observation and idea, and that he should get the credit.

Well, instead, my boss gave me credit in an email to a female way high up in the chain of command who oversees online sales. I wonder why she did that, even after I pointed out it wasn't my idea or observation?!?

I got the sense that she wanted to point out to this high up female what we are working on for SEO, and to shine a spotlight on my work in particular. It made me paranoid, thinking that perhaps they're questioning why they have an SEO expert on staff, and my boss felt like she should shine a light on our work???? I don't know.

Now I have to watch the performance of this revamped "pink" page and hope and pray that it gains more traffic and revenue than it had before I worked on it. I did the SEO for the page in a hurry, and I worry it won't perform as well as it should had I taken more time to evaluate the page more thoroughly. It was a rushed, urgent job and they wanted the page launched ASAP. OY.

~4 Non Blondes
Have Hope is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote