Tart Cherry Jam
Magnate

Member Since Mar 2021
1,205 hugs
given
Default Aug 18, 2023 at 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtleyWilkins View Post
I just need to interject: assuming other people replying do not have experience with being sexually assaulted is naive at best.
I was forcibly sexually assaulted twice in my youth. Both times, I successfully fought the assault and prevailed, being surprised at the sudden use of force on my end (I am in general not a violent person nor had I even tried martial arts training). Well, I also threatened both men with the police, which under the circumstances, given where I was, was an empty threat, but it might have still advanced my goals. So maybe I am not the usual case since I did not let unwanted sex happen. But at least technically speaking, I was sexually assaulted and I do NOT understand how Jesyka feels. This is again an example of extrapolation and gross overgeneralization, to believe that all women who have been through assault feel the same.

And regarding @ArtleyWilkins' point, a good number of women on these boards have been assaulted or, more generally, victimized.

My point above was that women who have been through ACTUAL assault, one they could not fight, one that resulted in a teared rectum, physical pain, venereal disease, etc., would feel disrespected and misunderstood if told that the incident described here is somehow on a par with the horror they went through, the horror that might still be haunting them.
Tart Cherry Jam is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
ArtleyWilkins, unaluna