View Single Post
divine1966
Legendary Wise Elder

Member Since Dec 2014
1,279 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Aug 18, 2023 at 09:02 PM

There is something to be said about deliberately putting oneself into a dangerous situation. Seeking thrill and danger consciously or subconsciously. It’s definitely something to explore with a therapist.

I had a friend like that. Went to high school together and then kept in touch after. Gorgeous, talented and smart young lady. I don’t want to highjack or type a novel here but oh the crazy things she did! And it always ended up badly. Like very badly. We aren’t talking about singer dancing inappropriately. Real bad stuff. But she wouldn’t stop risky behavior.

It continued all into adulthood. Last time I saw her was probably in our early 30s. I don’t keep in touch now but my other classmates do. She moved far and supposedly settled and don’t engage in all that.

She had a neglectful uncaring mother and a known womanizer dad. I think some of her behaviors could be contributed to that. Something makes people seek danger. Interesting enough she was never surprised “oh why it happened”. She was very matter of fact like not surprised at all, almost like she knew it would happen but kept at it
divine1966 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
Tart Cherry Jam