Wise Elder

Member Since Dec 2017
3,643 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Aug 19, 2023 at 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RollercoasterLover View Post
I've been exhausted enough to sleep for 12 hours straight. I've also been too overwhelmed to manage even looking at my phone to see who texted or called or emailed me. I don't drink, smoke or self medicate so they aren't factors in my level of exhaustion. I'm offering you this perspective because you don't know this woman very well yet and are assuming her behavior is a reflection on how she percieves you. It seems like you re considering pushing her away from you. I understand that her behavior and circumstances surrounding both your efforts to get to know each other haven't aligned. You have an opportunity to try something new here... accept her limitations and keep trying to find time to walk together. Be willing to compromise and with some time, you may know her well enough and her to know you well enough to be willing to make an effort when things do align.
That's meaningful friendship from my perspective.

You've asked for suggestions in the past. I'm offering that suggestion because you also have said you struggle to make female friends. My opinion is you are reacting too quickly by discarding this person now. Try something different from your normal pattern.

My intention is to be supportive of your other efforts to change. I hope this doesn't come accrossed as demanding or telling you what to do.
No it doesn’t come across the wrong way and thank you for being sensitive to that possibility. And thank you for offering this other perspective. Maybe I am bouncing too quickly. I’ve given people too many chances in the past and now I’m doing the opposite. I’m trying to protect myself much better than I have. I’m not reaching out to her. The ball is in her court since she canceled twice now.

~4 Non Blondes
Have Hope is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
nonightowl

Thanks for this!
nonightowl