jesyka
Poohbah

Member Since Jun 2020
270 hugs
given
Default Aug 19, 2023 at 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tart Cherry Jam View Post
Similar to your chiropractor thread, you seem to believe that your after-the-fact regret of a certain action you did back then somehow should translate into a change of the situation. It won't. You are asking the question WHY such and such did so and so, and we are doing our best trying to answer you. That you were the ONLY woman approaching the rock star ahead of the show is very telling and helps to explain WHY he behaved the way he did, which is the question you are asking.

The rock star did not possess supernatural abilities. He could have have predicted that many years later, you would regret "even trying to approach you" and based on that prediction, abstained from the behavior that, he thought, would be to your liking. I agree with @TishaBuv in that many women, of the type who frequent such concerts, would have found the behavior to their liking and might have responded to it in kind, but I cannot say for sure since I do not have first hand experience of any kind, much less of sufficient volume from which to extrapolate and make conclusions.

Similarly, the chiropractor did not have possess supernatural abilities and could not have predicted that you would later come to regret telling him about the drunken incident. Not having made that prediction, he could not abstain from joking about the incident which was in line with you sharing it with him as something comical.

We are trying to answer your questions as to WHY. You somehow did not accept the explanations even as working hypotheses and respond by saying what you now regret. I hope that you will be able to see that your later regret could not have been predicted by the rock star and the chiropractor who acted based on the observable data immediately before them and acted rationally. I assume that lewd gestures are typical in the environment you were in. You yourself described your dress as a low cut and tight top, but then, irrationally, you claim that since your cleavage was not showing, you should not have been noticed. Do you really at age 50+ believe that a woman would not get noticed unless her cleavage is showing? That is sort of besides the point in your case, though, because he might or might not have noticed your curves but likely noticed that you were the ONLY woman to approach the band before the show.

I have not read your other threads and I was clear in my earlier message that I had not. I was referring to two threads I did read, about the rock star and the chiropractor. In the rock star thread, you wrote that you were married and asexual. There was no way for the rock star to perceive these qualities about you. You weren't signaling them. You said you had a crush on the rock star (I have one asexual married friend and I do not know enough about asexuality and based on what little I know, it seems odd to me that an asexual person would have a crush on a male rock star, but that is just a mention in passing).

You responded to me on this thread in a way that was unappreciative of all my time spent reading your various threads about your husband and inability to work and trying to help you. I am not writing it in search for an apology (that is OK, really, I am not offended), but I am pointing out a lack of social skills that may be patched, as one closes gaps, by skills training. I saw that you a workbook on social skills was recommended to you and hope that you will find it helpful and actionable.

Unlike you, I have had plenty of experience with men, most of them positive except for a few notable outliers, and I can tell you a lot about how to interact with men in ways that would be satisfying to you. You acknowledge that you do not have a lot of experience with men, that what little experience you have had has been unsatisfying, and yet you block ways to help you because when one expresses a view that diverges from your preconceived view, such as that the rock star harassed and assaulted you, you do not even try to see that divergent point of you.

That is fine, but why, then, to use the crowdsourcing method of asking the WHY question? You can live with your own views. Nobody in any way interferes with that.
I understand what you’re saying. I obviously made some mistakes. I didn’t move because I wasn’t thinking straight.

I froze in fear. As for being asexual, we admire attractive people still like we admire a work of art. And we definitely still have feelings, just not much in the way of physical lust. You can google that if you’d like a better explanation

We crave emotional & romantic connections usually.
jesyka is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote