Poohbah

Member Since Jun 2020
272 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Aug 19, 2023 at 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tart Cherry Jam View Post
And regarding your thread that I did not read about being a lifelong target of harassment, bullying, etc., I suspect that part of where you see yourself as a victim is a fruit of your imagination and part of it is true.

I do not dispute that your husband, who denies you access to healthcare, accuses you of everything including using too much toilet paper, and threatens to take your name off your joint bank account while you do not work and have no independent source of income, has been mistreating you for years. But the incidents with the chiropractor and rock star, which are the two incidents I did read about, are not examples of bullying and in particular of targeting you.

There is a temporal element to bullying and harassment. They need to occur over time to be such. I do not see that you would have an appreciation of that dimension as you persist in accusing the rock star of bullying even though his familiarity with you was fleeting.

So I do not see a point in reading the long thread about being a lifelong victim as I suspect that some of such characterizations, as is the case with your husband, are true, and some of them, as is the case with the chiropractor and the rock star, are not true, but that in the latter case you would not want to even allow that your characterization lacks foundation in reality no matter how many people, and possibly even in unison, try to tell you that you have mischaracterized behaviors as targeting you as a victim.

I also do not dispute that you have anxiety, but what I see happening is that instead of attributing some of your reactions to anxiety, you proceed to characterizing the source of such reactions as being intentionally against you. You could have said that what the rock star did was nothing unusual given the milieu, but that you personally, individually, given the underlying anxiety disorder, reacted to that behavior with fright.

There is a difference between saying that you felt intimidated and that the rock star intimidated you. In the latter, there is an element of intent which was clearly missing from the actual interaction. So you attribute missing intent.

Similarly, there was no overt interest in you and yet you attribute such interest to him, claiming that you rejected his advances. According to you, the rock band was successful and the rock star was, well, a star. So he was probably used to admiration. According to you, the employee on the premises actually did NOT want prostitutes walking in. So it is not that the rock star was looking for anonymous or nearly anonymous sex. Yet, of all the hypotheses you have collected over time regarding the motives behind his behavior, the only hypothesis that you currently hold as viable is that he wanted a blowjob from you.
I understand what people are ssying. Not everything is MY fault though. I was NOT able to respond to things in a more logical way unfortunately as I froze. Have you never froze in fear before?

I no longer know for sure what he was after. All I know without a doubt is that he singled me out of the crowd to harass me for whatever reason. What he did isn’t normal at all. I definitely detected hostility there & negative vibes.
jesyka is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Discombobulated