View Single Post
FloatThruThis
Poohbah

Member Since Dec 2021
1,931 hugs
given
Default Aug 19, 2023 at 04:26 PM

August update:

1) I read a book about how to make your own art journals and it inspired me to start using up some of my larger sketchbook paper. I’m thinking 9”x6” is a good size for me. I have several sketchbooks that are 9”x12”, so I can use the paper as is: you fold it in half and sew down the middle. I don’t see myself ever sketching on large sheets of paper ever again, so this might be a good way to use it up? I’ve already folded 15 groups of 4 sheets each for a book of 240 pages. Next, I sew…

2) Taxes! Here I thought I was done, but the IRS sent back an electronically filed 2019 return for a lack of signature. I thought that was interesting since I didn’t file a 2019 return (I was unemployed). They 1st sent it back April 2022, but they sent it to my physical address where I don’t get mail delivered. This month they sent it to my P.O. Box (the correct address). It doesn’t affect anything for me, I already got all my stimulus checks, I just thought it was weird…

3) I finished reading the 2nd book about death planning. It’s really been educational—I had no idea how much goes into it, even for someone like me with a very uncomplicated life. I’ve been working on writing out more of my financial information. I’ve got envelopes and self addressed stamped envelopes for when I write my siblings for their information to set them up as beneficiaries. I still haven’t done that yet. I’m thinking of buying myself a treat when I do, because it’s been such a sticking point for me.

In general, I think I’m going to go back to making only a monthly update on my goals rather than weekly updates. Weekly updates are just too much for me. So, see you in September!
FloatThruThis is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote