View Single Post
FloatThruThis
Poohbah

Member Since Dec 2021
1,950 hugs
given
Default Aug 19, 2023 at 04:26 PM

August update:

1) I read a book about how to make your own art journals and it inspired me to start using up some of my larger sketchbook paper. I’m thinking 9”x6” is a good size for me. I have several sketchbooks that are 9”x12”, so I can use the paper as is: you fold it in half and sew down the middle. I don’t see myself ever sketching on large sheets of paper ever again, so this might be a good way to use it up? I’ve already folded 15 groups of 4 sheets each for a book of 240 pages. Next, I sew…

2) Taxes! Here I thought I was done, but the IRS sent back an electronically filed 2019 return for a lack of signature. I thought that was interesting since I didn’t file a 2019 return (I was unemployed). They 1st sent it back April 2022, but they sent it to my physical address where I don’t get mail delivered. This month they sent it to my P.O. Box (the correct address). It doesn’t affect anything for me, I already got all my stimulus checks, I just thought it was weird…

3) I finished reading the 2nd book about death planning. It’s really been educational—I had no idea how much goes into it, even for someone like me with a very uncomplicated life. I’ve been working on writing out more of my financial information. I’ve got envelopes and self addressed stamped envelopes for when I write my siblings for their information to set them up as beneficiaries. I still haven’t done that yet. I’m thinking of buying myself a treat when I do, because it’s been such a sticking point for me.

In general, I think I’m going to go back to making only a monthly update on my goals rather than weekly updates. Weekly updates are just too much for me. So, see you in September!
FloatThruThis is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote