View Single Post
nonightowl
Desert Kitty hates titles

Member Since Jul 2008
7,001 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Confused Aug 20, 2023 at 02:36 PM

I'm definitely empathetic and I can sense emotions in strangers too. Or I can sense where they are headed, such as the coffee shop. I was standing next to a woman, waiting to cross the street. I had a strong feeling she was going to Starbucks, and she did just that. Or I can sense the driver in the next lane is going to cut me off. And they do just that.

Another time I recognized an acquaintance from a distance in a parking lot. I could tell by her gait that she was agitated and in a hurry, heading towards the grocery store.

Some people are born with a greater number of mirror neutrons than others; I think this is us. I'm also highly sensitive. It's like I have built-in radar, and I don't just read facial expressions but body language or tone of voice. In a nutshell, I can pick up signals that sometimes I'd rather not be picking up. But it seems I can't control it, really.

I'm not sure if people can detect anything in me, but I pick up things from them. Just wanted to post that I believe I can relate, but like you I don't know how to stop it.

Hmmm....looks like some good tips in here.

"Okay, enough photos. I'm a very BUSY Business Kitty, so make an appointment next time."
nonightowl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Jelzig65, Yaowen

Thanks for this!
Jelzig65, Yaowen