divine1966
Legendary Wise Elder

Member Since Dec 2014
1,291 hugs
given
Default Aug 20, 2023 at 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Therapy reviewed View Post
Your session becomes the space. A T agrees to commit to that session, same hour same days. Even if youre not there it's your session, and/or my T held that time for me. How I used it was up to me. Is If ghosted her that was how I was choosing to use that space.. Beingg as it's a long term commitment it's holds more value to both. When I was on holiday T still thought about and held onto that space we shared together ...I could email or phone in that space still. My paying for that hour was my commitment...therapy isn't just about being there or not.
You have a valid opinion as that’s how you do things. If you can afford and are willing to pay for sessions that never took place, it’s fine.

I don’t know anyone (neither irl nor in this sub forum) who’ll be willing to pay for therapy when on planned vacation or other family obligation that was planned, sick with covid or had a natural disaster knocking power lines down (if they weren’t emailing or calling during missed session). But of course if you want to continue paying, it’s your prerogative.

The way this dude went about it is also rude. Rude therapist isn’t my kind of therapist. But again to each its own
divine1966 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
precaryous