Legendary Wise Elder

Member Since Oct 2004
14.7k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Aug 22, 2023 at 04:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mar dhea View Post
I do this too Eskie and find that engaging with even a few ordinary pleasantries more often than not can break the ice or crack open a stony silence. It's a good tactic to practise and gets one used to reading people better as well. Helps with esteem and confidence when you get a positive reaction.

Most times I find it works and it's a naturally empathic thing to do I think. A light joke, a compliment, an inquiry as to how their day is going...all that sort of stuff works and as one perseveres, the use of small talk to engage strangers naturally become easier. It's not always a cakewalk of course but def worth doing consistently. I hope that helps with the thread.
Seems easier in the small town I moved to from Los Angeles. I kinda just did my thing out there but here I seem to be able to talk to anyone about anything & seeing things in a humorous light has brought me through so much to get to this point & seems to be what helps in engaging with others

Leo's favorite place was in the passenger seat of my truck. We went everywhere together like this.
Leo my soulmate will live in my heart FOREVER Nov 1, 2002 - Dec 16, 2018
eskielover is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
mar dhea