View Single Post
mar dhea
Magnate

Member Since Sep 2022
790 hugs
given
Default Aug 22, 2023 at 05:24 PM

Cities are definitely different. I remember my first time in a big city. I was 18 and from a pretty rural part of the map. Traditionally relaxed and friendly where everybody just said hello in passing whether they knew you or not. Kids adults seniors...everyone would at least say hi. Been that way for a couple of centuries+ really. A long time rural place that never did change much.

Well it didn't take me long to figure out hello and how ya doing wasn't the thing to do. Was glared at for a couple of weeks and I really didn't get it. My cousin [who had moved to this city a year before] finally said...yeah, you're not home now. They just don't do that around here. Well thanks for the prompt heads up on that Pete!

I remember it was all a bit depressing. An awakening to the bigger picture and a different, more sombre reality. Glad I was a kid when this happened. Was easier then to bounce back from life's bummers. Still, it took some time to adapt and get back to being more myself. Sticking to smaller towns/cities helped. For other reasons I do love visits to big cities. Amazing whirlwind of space and humanity. 2 weeks max however.

Pardon my detour from the topic.
mar dhea is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
eskielover

Thanks for this!
eskielover