View Single Post
Have Hope
Wise Elder

Member Since Dec 2017
3,677 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Aug 23, 2023 at 05:20 AM

So, I screwed something up, and it was my first real project that launched on the website! ARGH! I did a rather rushed job on it because my boss said it was urgent and they wanted to get the new page live on the website ASAP. So, I did not perform due diligence as I should have with my keyword research, and I targeted the wrong keywords! Now the page isn't ranking at all in Google, but IS receiving plenty of traffic once people are on the website browsing.

I adjusted the keyword strategy and am waiting for Google to crawl and re-index the page so I can see how it is now ranking for my target keyword.

I have my 1:1 meeting with my boss today and have to give her an update on this page's performance. I am going to have to confess that the initial targeting was off-based and that I have modified the strategy as a result. However, there is still no guarantee that this page will rank #1 for the new target keyword due to what is being sold on this page.

I am SO frustrated with myself. Had I taken the time to more fully assess the keyword strategy, this would not have happened and I would have given a very different recommendation to the team involved in launching this new page.

And, I don't want my boss to now lose faith or trust in my judgment. I need to tell her the truth, and that my initial assessment was inaccurate.

SUCKY since it's the first real small project I've been given and I messed it up.

~4 Non Blondes
Have Hope is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote