Thread: Again?!
View Single Post
Anonymous43372

Default Aug 23, 2023 at 06:57 PM

I need to laugh. Today I learned just how toxic my "team" of full-timers are. The operations manager and the operations supervisor sit at cubicles directly behind my cubicle.

While taking one of their dumb required assesments, I overheard the operations manager who sits directly behind me (our backs face each other) comment to 3 other operations staff about their past and present temps, in very derogatory, perjorative, debasing language.

Think of every curse word and bad name you've ever heard in movies, music, and literature and I heard that all today for about 20 minutes, in between their small choir of snickers.

I pretended not to hear every single word (but I heard every single word).

"We like to keep things casual around here," I was told when I first arrived, by the operations manager.

Casual dress, language, hours (hybrid 3 days onsite, 2 days off-site), drinking (not by me, that's for sure). Drugs (not by me, that's for sure).

It's a complex located next to very beautiful bluffs and some airports. Hell is beautiful, they say. And that's where my temp job is. I hope I run into Sam and Dean. I could use their help escaping it.

******it. Why did I think what I thought, do what I did, to get me in this big ol' mess that is "my life."

Don't think I'm naive not to realize that my time will come while temping there, where they apply those same slanderous prose to ME, yet another temp. I hobbled around the first floor to find out the ENTIRE 2,000 square feet of this global company is a sea of cubicles, with their break rooms resembling intermittent coral reefs, with the tacky mother in law fashion of stripes and polka dotted break room furniture to sit and cry at (and believe me, I did today).

Will I tell my recruiter what I overheard today? Hell, no. Recruiters, like human resource personel, support the company, not the person. Motts will be mute and come in and perform her monkey trained repetitive processes as long as she can (until she hopefully can find a real job and stop Pinochio-ing her way through life, thanks to her Japeto father figure).

Ice cream for dinner, followed by steamed broccoli and carrots with cheesy scrambled eggs.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Molinit, TishaBuv