View Single Post
InkyTinks

Member Since Aug 2021
32 hugs
given
Default Aug 24, 2023 at 04:50 AM

I was diagnosed with autism many years ago and managed fine for the most part. Preferred being with my dog rather than at a party but I had friends and went to social events

After getting covid that seems to have left me with chronic fatigue and also inflammatory arthritis I have been almost completely isolated for 3 years.

Lost contact with friends and now have lot of paranoid thoughts.also being going through menopause which has triggered severe mood swings that convinced I have multiple personalities for a while especially when the brain fog was severe.

I love fantasy worlds always have and have always been something of a Maladaptive Daydreamer so got back into it and started thinking of these extreme emotions surfacing as personalities and them Tulpa's as not much else I could do that didn't leave me exhausted and trigger relapses of the ME and arthritis.

I got into Spiritual forums too after reading of someone who had a 'walk-in companion' who had been a past family member.

I honestly don't know whether I have Schizoptypal, I probably wouldn't have fit the diagnosis criteria years ago but I suspect I would now but some of that could be the Autism too (which was officially diagnosed) there's quite a bit of overlap in symptoms so I don't know how you'd know if someone had both?

I enjoy my fantasy world/scenario's and am perfectly aware of what the outside world believes and thinks. I don't share those thoughts with anyone in the real world but its great you can go online anonymously and join groups for Tulpa's and Walk-in spirits and find people with similar beliefs and Inner Worlds.

Better than being depressed and suicidal from always been in pain, exhausted and alone which I see in alot of groups for neurotypical people chronic conditions. They seem to be on so much medication too and still depressed...

Me? I definitely get an high from these fantasy worlds. Rather paradoxically they help keep me in touch with reality and when I need to interact I can do a damn good impression of NT!!!
InkyTinks is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote