View Single Post
cogladaid
Elder

Member Since Jul 2015
PC PoohBah!
Default Aug 24, 2023 at 08:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_Bird View Post
Any tips for doing well at your first job, and managing stress, not getting overwhelmed, being a cashier etc, I know a lot of you have work experience just wondering if anyone has any tips

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think it’s important to realize that nobody is going to be an expert on day one and no one expects you to be. Don’t worry about not being 100% right away. The first few times running people through will be intimidating but you’ll be a pro in no time.

And most bad customers aren’t personally mad at you. Most people get mad because they’re mad about something else. Or they’re just jerks. Them getting angry is a reflection on their **** personality not about you doing a bad job. Don’t let them get to you. If someone gives you **** kill them with kindness and laugh at them later in the break room.

Just know that ‘the customer is always right’ is ********. Customer is wrong like 90% of the time haha.

I think it’s important to like what you do. At least enough to have fun. If you’re not having at least a bit of fun you’re going to be stressed and have the work anxiety when you’re not there.

Like SP said - try not to get the anxiety. Find things away from work to decompress.

So work smart - not hard! There’s a line between being a good worker and being a pushover. Don’t let anyone take advantage of you. Don’t give your life for a job that’ll replace you before you’re buried in the ground.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for this!
Blue_Bird, Sometimes psychotic