View Single Post
NatalieJastrow
Veteran Member

Member Since Aug 2020
267 hugs
given
Default Aug 25, 2023 at 08:32 AM

And here we go again.

Since I started my job - my "class" has had too much work. I mean insane work that can't possibly be done in 40 hours a week. About every 5 years we are asked to try to justify to higher ups why we need help.

And every time, we don't get the help help we need.

This time the person asking has actually done some good stuff. So I tried to explain to her the reasons... and she came back with a question that made me doubt if she could understand.

In addition... I feel gaslit. This person has actual data to try to justify the work. There are three categories of persons..

1. Has management duties and data entry. Their data entry average per month is 134 entries per month

2. Has no management duties and only data entry. Their data entry average per month is 278 entries per month.

3. My group. Has management duties AND data entry. Our group does about 280 entries per month.

After viewing these numbers, imho clearly my group has way more work than the other two groups. In fact if we were to say that my group should be standard for work that can fit in an 8 hour day... then, clearly the other two groups have extra time per day. (but obviously the assumption is that we should work more than that).

But I was stunned to see in the memo, that management thinks these numbers are comparable. What? Even agreeing that my group has the management and data entry and has double data entry of the other group that has both things to do.

There are none so blind as those who will not see.

I only have 7 more years until retirement but, I am just done.
NatalieJastrow is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Magnificent, Sophia23, unaluna