View Single Post
ShylaA0404

Member Since Jun 2023
1 hugs
given
Default Aug 25, 2023 at 03:39 PM

Yes, for sure. And, really nothing has changed from week to week except that I understand what is going on a little bit better.

This week in our couples therapy and last week the psychiatrist talked a lot about my husband's rage inside, this is mostly about his parents and how he hasn't been allowed by them to grow up and be his own person.. So next week apparently she wants to try something physical for him, I am interested to see what it is. Last week I thought all his issues had stumped her which was sort of funny even though it wasn't. I will be interested to see what comes of that even though all the sessions are really about him and his issues.

He did used to be better about having hobbies. He is really into just being "stuck" right now and has resolved himself not to do anything. It is very tricky. I think it must be harder to force yourself to do absolutely nothing to help yourself rather than to do any tiny thing to change your situation. These men are so entrenched I think.

My kids have all gone back to school this week so it has been chaos and H is in and out of town so I am sort of appreciating the new rhythm of things and not having to concentrate on our poor relationship, if that makes sense.

I hope all is going well for you and you are staying cool. It is still unbearably hot where I am. I will check back in after our next therapy session with hopefully interesting news about how physically expressing rage goes for my H.
ShylaA0404 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote