amandalouise
Wise Elder

Member Since Mar 2009
887 hugs
given
Default Aug 27, 2023 at 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InkyTinks View Post
Has anyone experienced a 'walk-in'? .ie another spirit/soul coming in and taking over your life for a period ...

or

you feel its still you ..but also feel you aren't alone and can also feel the presence of another? (soul braid)

symptoms can be

suddenly taking up entirely new beliefs or hobbies
suddenly cutting contact with past friends or family because the 'new self' no longer relates to them or see's them as 'their friend/relative'
May have experienced a Near Death Experience or have an illness that has suddenly improved

For a soul braid you may continue with the same life/relationships but experience a change in emotional function, perspective, abilities etc?

More details

What is a walk-in? What isn't? When and why do walk-ins happen? Common walk-in types and scenarios. | Writings | Julia North

I believe I experienced a Soul Braid after having a stroke at home in my sleep, they seemed to takeover temporarily to speed immediate recovery then handed back control but have still remained present to help.
my suggestion is talk with your treatment provider. you stated in recent posts that you have DID. your treatment provider has probably already ruled out "walk ins". short version religious practices/ cultural practices/paranormal kind of spirits and so on have to be ruled out before someone can be diagnosed with either form of DID.

in me what you describe is completely normal not associated with any of my mental or physical health problems nor spiritual / paranormal beliefs. what you describe is mostly just being a normal human being.

not saying the situation doesn't exist. just that I have experienced what you posted and my own treatment providers, and any paranormal or religious consults have told me those things are normal. to be associated with a mental or physical health problem or religious or paranormal event theres other things that happen that you cant find by researching and googling. you know those deeper not found in typical media-based ways things.

my suggestion your treatment provider can help you sort things out and if needed do any medication adjustments if you are on any meds. some meds can cause these things too.
amandalouise is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote