jesyka
Poohbah

Member Since Jun 2020
270 hugs
given
Default Aug 27, 2023 at 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TishaBuv View Post
Are you going to enjoy the birthday lunch with them?

I don’t think they are being unfair to you by not giving you what you want, when they do not want it. They don’t owe you that.

If you have a few friends to celebrate with, appreciate that for what it is. Without them, what would you otherwise do to celebrate your birthday?
I’ll try. My point is that I shouldn’t have had to go through so much trouble to choose a restaurant to begin with.

And to not even want to drive half an hour away to the restaurant of my choice isn’t good either. As I said, every single thing HAS to be on THEIR terms which isn’t fair. Especially for MY birthday. They are all able to drive. They’re not disabled.

I’d personally suck it up for their birthday. I would not complain & insist that we go to dinner if they wanted to meet for brunch for example. I wouldn’t be like, no, I
don’t like .getting up early, do I can only meet you for dinner as that is more convenient for ME.

Does that makes sense now? It’s not fair to how they make everything about them & their needs.

And I wouldn’t complain about the restaurant & insisting that we need to go somewhere else because Ithe food didn’t look appealing to me. I’m not talking about dietary restrictions or not being able to eat anything there period.

That one lady who didn’t want to go to a Japanese place thought that only raw food would be available there. I told her thats not the case. She still insisted on going elsewhere.

They should compromise a little bit. I don’t think they’d like it if I gave them a hard time about things.
jesyka is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Have Hope

Thanks for this!
Have Hope