View Single Post
InkyTinks

Member Since Aug 2021
32 hugs
given
Default Sep 02, 2023 at 03:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Open Eyes View Post
Actually this can be due to your being an Aspie. It’s brain wiring and can get worse if you develop an alcohol problem. Anthony Hopkins has Aspergers and found he functioned much better once he stopped drinking.

This can also present with ADHD where they hyperfocus and get in that zone. The voices and scrambled thinking stops. Again that problem gets worse with drug and alcohol use. And alcohol use is is bad for ADHD brain wiring.

Same thing with bipolar and mania.

I was diagnosed with Autism when they were separate conditions...now everyone is just 'on the spectrum'

The psychologist specifically said she believed it was Autism rather than Asperger's. She described it as Atypical Autism but at that time nobody mentioned DID. The host who took the Autism test was not aware of others. (probably deliberately cut off from the inside so we couldn't get diagnosed with schizophrenia or something and locked up)The DID comes from bullying & gaslighting/abuse from other people outside of the family.

I don't remember where I said I had an issue with alcohol??? I rarely leave the house these days due to chronic fatigue and arthritis pain, certainly not down the pub every night!!

It's more likely our levels of dissociation comes from the DID! Some alters have more intense Maladaptive Daydreaming and deliberately create and add Tulpa's to our system! (as act of defiance).
InkyTinks is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
Open Eyes