View Single Post
Revu2
Grand Member

Member Since Aug 2013
4 hugs
given
Default Sep 02, 2023 at 09:11 AM

Quote:
6. Don’t accept what you’re told on trust, save from proven sources. When you’re rushed, the temptation will be to “save time” by accepting what you’ve been told. Always check. It’s well worth the time. You’ll look an idiot if the information isn’t true, and no one will accept the excuse that you were in a hurry.
Ay! Dealing with this around data transfer from my mutual fund to my broker. The last time I called to find out what had gone wrong, the broker said they would put in another request to the mutual fund. And that I should allow 2 weeks before calling back. I called the mutual fund the next day and asked did they received the transfer request? Nope. It now took most of an hour with calls back and forth and then setting up a conference call. That whole dance was 2 weeks ago, and still the data hasn't arrived!

It works in the other direction, too. This week I called the recycling pick-up service to alert them that our bins were moved to the opposite corner of our driveway due to construction. Really needed during a busy week? I dunno, but it covered me in case they missed it and wanted to charge me for a return trip.

Revu2 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote