Willcat
Veteran Member

Member Since Jul 2011
26 hugs
given
Default Sep 02, 2023 at 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3rd rock View Post
I'm in a similar situation. After ~8 years sober, I began using again a few months ago. It's getting out of control again, and it has caused me to miss work today. I'm not using right now, but I feel sick from last night's use. I need to stop, but I fear I can't stop without seeking professional help.
@3rd rock do not drink for 24 hours. Wake up sober the next day. If you can stay sober 1 day you can stay sober for 2 days. Try not to think too far ahead. ODAAT
Home detox is an option. Notify emergency dispatch the first sign of trouble.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loial View Post
Hey all, it’s been a while since I posted here.

I did really well in abstaining from alcohol. I was sober for a year and a half but along side my nurse I was seeing, we thought I’d be okay to see if I can moderate.

That must have been a year or over now but I have creeped up in usage again.. Now I am slowly cutting back and adding sober days by myself and looking forward to being sober again. I think it’s time to accept no amount of alcohol will do me any good.
Only people without alcohol issues can moderate. The "self-critic" makes you think alcohol use is good ALL the time. Fight the thoughts that make you think drinking is an option because people like you and I can not drink never again period. We lost the option to drink. Now choose the opportunity of sobriety.

⟆⊂ᖇᎯ𝜏⊂ᖺ し∈⟆⟆ ᖘυᖇᖇ ⲙᗝᖇ∈
Jυ⟆𝜏 ᑲ∈⊂Ꭿυ⟆∈ Ⴘᗝυ ɢ𝖮𝜏
🐒𝜏Ꮒ∈ ⲙᗝﬡⲕ∈Ⴘ ᗝ⨍⨍ Ⴘ𝖮υᖇ ᑲᎯ⊂ⲕ
ᕍᗝ∈⟆ﬡ'𝜏 ⲙ∈Ꭿﬡ 𝜏ᖺ∈ ⊂⫯ᖇ⊂υ⟆ ᏂᎯ⟆ 𝘭∈⨍𝜏 𝜏ᗝⲱﬡ
Willcat is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote