View Single Post
giddykitty
Grand Poohbah

Member Since Jan 2018
3,229 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Sep 04, 2023 at 09:33 PM

oh dear! I read you're whole message, because I've been there. I've been told by a group of folks that I type up long messages. (although, this was an online only communication, so it's hard to get out lots of thoughts in a concise message) So it took me a while to get over the fallout of the relationship with that group (ultimately ended)

I still have a tendency to type a lot when I'm trying to explain something and struggling to find the proper words, but I've definitely learned many lessons and that I certainly am not perfect and that I need to understand that not everyone is going to be so tolerant. I AM lucky to have a couple of friends over the years who have been patient though, through all of my "excessiveness". You need to take a step back and be grateful for that support when it comes. And you also need to take a step back and reassess relationships that are not as healthy for you.

To me, like others have said, it seems you may be slightly quick to judge your friends. Ok, maybe they did or said something you don't like, but do they not show appreciation or love for you in other ways? For instance, Rory, maybe the "essay" comment could have been a bit rude, but he DID say sorry about your sister's leg (as someone else pointed out). The other friend who parked in your spot and ate your same dinner, that's only two things. Could easily be coincidence. If it happens more, maybe it's a little creepy, but at the same time, is it hurting anyone? I mean, maybe she just finds that you chose a good parking spot and a good meal. I think you're overthinking. Overthinking can be our enemy and create problems and misunderstandings that aren't even actually there.

On the other hand, it is also important to listen to your gut. If you do have a bad feeling, try changing something about YOUR behavior. If you're worried you're talking too much, take a break from talking to them. Let them come to you. I think you did this once. That was good. Just, don't get immediately impatient again. Some people just don't respond right away.
If you feel creeped out by your friend after some time of copying you, try asking why she's doing it. maybe she has a reasonable explanation that you just never thought of.

I can't remember more of the message, but I hope what I've said was helpful. And just know that I want you to feel better about yourself and your relationships and for things to work out. As I said, I've been there, so I know it's hard, but it can be done. YOU can change the way you have relationships with people. Oh, last thing! The gut thing. If it truly does feel like they are just not turning out to be the type of friends you need, then don't be afraid to cut them loose and look for others. Or even, look for other friends in the meanwhile. But when you do find those good friends, hold on to them!

Good luck! <3

Probiotics
And a whole slew of vitamin and herbal supplements.
giddykitty is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
AppleLime, AzulOscuro