View Single Post
Elio

Member Since Sep 2006
8,780 hugs
given
Default Sep 04, 2023 at 10:00 PM

Virtual didn't/doesn't work for me and the type of therapy I was doing with my T. It did help keep me stable and provided a listening ear. I think if you want to stay with H and return to previous topics, you'll need to find a space that you can make yourself feel safe in. I imagine it would be almost impossible to relax and open up like that if your kids could come in at anytime.

On another note, due to my T's health and her family's health; she is closing her practice. Even though the video visits were not getting me to deal with things the same, I'd stay with her if she was to say she could only do video visits. I might choose #2 option - and kind of did. I started seeing an occupational therapist for the exposure type therapy we were doing. That would be somewhat like finding a somatic therapist or some other type of specialized therapy where it is common to have multiple therapists.

My insurance is fine for me to see multiple therapists as long as they are not on the same day and I think they have to use different dx codes. So it might be possible to find someone that would work as part of a team approach. Maybe your T has some people in mind or maybe they could ask around for you. In my area, lots of practices are full and my T had to talk to a couple of the potentials for them to work me into their schedule. So, you might have better luck with the team approach if your T is willing to do some of the reaching out.
Elio is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
LonesomeTonight

Thanks for this!
LonesomeTonight, ScarletPimpernel