Member Since Sep 2006
8,779 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Sep 05, 2023 at 01:23 PM

[QUOTE=redcog;7362350]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elio View Post
Another thought, would it be possible to do some object sharing - would that help you feel more like you were together?

It worked for me a lot of the time when dealing with just the weekly or vacation separations.

Thanks for the reply Elio.

What do you mean by object sharing? It sounds like something basic- but all I'm picturing in my head seams odd. So wanted to clarify that.

Red
For each person it is something unique. Others on here have had objects. Sometimes it's just a business card or a written letter. Some have rocks. For me, a part of my therapy included "play". We did jigsaw puzzles, colored, read books... and so on. The completed jigsaw puzzles have stayed in her office. The first puzzle became very important to me, it is on the top of a the stack under her couch. We did the first one and didn't do any for a long time. So, while it sat in her office under her couch, I could imagine me being there, in her space. Then when needed, I'd have her write something on the back of a piece of the puzzle and I'd take it with me for a while. Then I would return it to the puzzle. These puzzles were 100-300 piece puzzles. 100 you can get done in a session; 300 usually took 2-2.5 sessions depending on the puzzle.

I also have a lap blanket that I used to take in with me to sessions; I use it even now when I have a tough topic. It gives me something for tactile stimulation and regulation. So sometimes having that when we talk can help me feel safer.

What came to mind for you? I could see you doing a coloring thing where you color some and mail it to her and she colors some and mails it back. If nothing more than to have a sense of physical connection to her.
Elio is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
LonesomeTonight

Thanks for this!
LonesomeTonight, ScarletPimpernel