View Single Post
pixiedust72

Member Since Feb 2018
13 hugs
given
Default Sep 10, 2023 at 10:44 PM

For context, I’ve seen my therapist only 6 times so far and have been going for about a month. I’ve had a hospitalization since then and one in the recent past before seeing her, which she knows about. The last session we had, I felt like there was a weird energy and then she cancelled the next session on the day of the session and didn’t give a reason. I’ve had other therapists do this in the past and say something like “I’m sick so I have to cancel”. She didn’t give any reason so I have been spiraling. I’m afraid that maybe my situation is too intense as she is a newer therapist and maybe it’s too much. I’m also worried that something I’ve talked about in therapy has been potentially triggering to her. Like I’ve been talking about a lot of issues with my parents and what if she is grieving a parent right now or something. I’m really not sure how I would deal with it if she wants to terminate or refer me out. I feel like I got lucky to find her and I really trusted her but I don’t really know her at all. I’m just afraid I’ve negatively impacted her personal life and I don’t want to lose another therapist. My last therapist suggested we end working together after my last hospitalization so I’m worried it’s happening again. I’m partially posting this for support and to have a place to go tomorrow (our next session) when and if she does terminate therapy with me. Fingers crossed that doesn’t happen.
pixiedust72 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
AnaWhitney, ArtieTheSequal, Lighting The Way, LonesomeTonight, MrAbbott, ScarletPimpernel, Taylor27