View Single Post
Therapy reviewed

Member Since Sep 2022
2 hugs
given
Default Sep 11, 2023 at 05:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by retro_chic View Post
I saw my T yesterday and spoke about a work issue that occurred this week which has been upsetting me and it ended up taking the whole session. T listened and shared her thoughts but it wasn’t what I needed. I think that maybe it’s my fault for not being open enough. Now I feel totally disconnected from her and alone. Between sessions i have this perfect fantasy version of T that I hold on to which is painful but also comforting in a way because it feels like a way of staying connected. Now I just feel a sort of emptiness. I am worried she agrees with the other party in the work situation we talked about and I fear she doesn’t like me.

What I really want from T is something she won’t be able to give me. I want her to hug me and tell me everything will be okay and for me to feel safe and able to accept her words and affection. I want her to make me feel like I’m okay and not the POS I think I am.

People in general serve that purpose, hugging and saying it'll be OK.. A T is there to listen and hello you come to you conclusions on what is right or wrong and sometimes that can be painful to us but it's g getter than a hug and a there there.
Therapy reviewed is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote