Member Since Dec 2017
3,643 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Sep 11, 2023 at 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDMercer View Post
Hi Hope,

I read your original post in this string, and a couple of responses. I haven't read them all.

You know my story.

I took a big step forward recently. Two things happened: I took some time off from work on sick leave, and I let myself sink into a terribly low state of mind for a few weeks.

You saw my posts on here, longing and mourning.

I think, for me, I actually needed to let everything wash over me, and sink into true despair for a while. I think my franticness to just keep moving actually kept me from progressing.

I'm doing better now than I was a few weeks ago. I found a few people that I trust, and this board, and I really vented and TALKED about all the pain.

Trying to chase the pain away when you haven't processed it enough yet, I think, slows you down from progressing.

Just my recent experience.

RDMercer
Thank you....

I am not necessarily trying to chase my pain away and I have been processing and grieving the relationship since 2020 when I first separated from my husband.

I am now just dealing with leftovers and remnants of him that float around. I do not dwell on him nor I am obsessing. Thoughts of him float through maybe once a day... I think I'm still grieving a bit, but through my grief, I am making sure that I am meeting new people, forming new friendships, and am having fun.

Life is good in other words. I am doing well! Thanks for your thoughts.

~4 Non Blondes
Have Hope is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote