View Single Post
jesyka
Poohbah

Member Since Jun 2020
283 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Sep 12, 2023 at 08:35 PM

It’s not always the fault of the person having the bad luck with people. Sometimes some people will abuse, disrespect or take advantage of vulnerable individuals.

And unfortunately a lot of people still look down on & disrespect people with mental health issues.

I even suspect other higher functioning people of looking down on me for not being able to function as well as they can. Some people obviously don’t get how hard the struggle is.

I can tell that some people think that I’m stupid &
naieve & that whatever happened to me is mostly my own fault which is upsetting as that isn’t true.

Bad things happen to good people at times & we can’t always control certain people or situations no matter what.

My only real mistake is that I was to quick to trust some people to quickly at first because I thought they were nice people at first.

I didn’t see the red flags at first. Some of these people were able to hide certain things like controlling or manipulative behavior fairly well under the guise of ‘concern’ or they were good as gaslighting me into convincing me that I was to sensitive’ or ‘wrong’ for speaking up about abuse & inappropriate behaviour.

I provided great examples with former friends. One former friend used group think & how her other friends didn’t have any issue with her behavior. The group who pressured me for pics used peer pressure to bully me for pics.

As for my husband, he’d force me to socialize with his rude friends & family who ignored me & he told me it wasn’t normal to not hug people. I hate hugging people. He told me that I needed to hug people to fit in.

He tried to force me to hug people I didn’t even like as it wasn’t normal to not hug people. He had no respect for my boundaries. I fought him on it. Long story short, I no longer socialize with any of of his friends or family members, lol.

So, was it my fault that they were pushy? No, that was solely on them. My response to them should’ve been a definite no each time, but that’s it.

Never again. Lesson finally learned. Never give in. Give in once to pestering & you show them it works, ugh.

One more thing, I refuse to go put of my way to fit in, so if other people end up not liking me because I won’t hug them or whatever silly thing that is offensive to them that shouldn’t be a big deal, then to hell with them. I hate people sometimes,
jesyka is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Have Hope, jaklevco

Thanks for this!
jaklevco