View Single Post
Have Hope
Wise Elder

Member Since Dec 2017
3,632 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Sep 14, 2023 at 04:45 AM

I am having the longest and craziest week at work. I'm being pulled in a thousand directions, with multiple high priority tasks being asked of me at once. More presentations to develop and give to higher ups. I've gotten very little implemented SEO-wise because other priorities always take precedence. I am tired. Exhausted in fact. I woke up wishing it were Friday.

And freelancing financially is proving to stretch me thin. I have to pay for my own health insurance, and that's a huge dent out of my monthly paychecks. And when there's a holiday and day off, I don't get paid for that time off, so I lose several hundred dollars in one day. I am just scraping by, despite earning a good salary. I have to plan ahead now for days off financially.

I hope I get hired full time in January. Despite any complaints, I still believe it's a good job and a good place for me. It's hard and very challenging, yes, but so is any job and any organization. I love my boss, I like my teammates, and I am enjoying working with various people I am meeting. The people are great, so that's a huge positive. And my boss supports me, goes to battle for me on my behalf, and speaks up for me to get my voice heard. I love that. She trusts me and believes in me, and that's the majority of the battle right there. So, I have a great boss for once, and for that, I am eternally grateful. I've had horrible bosses in the past. Bosses who are threatened. by me and who have tried to squash my success. My boss isn't threatened whatsoever. It's healthy.

The only concern I have right now is burnout. Each day this week I get up and feel like I've been run over by an eighteen wheeler truck. Then I have to pull myself together to face work all over again. I am burning out quickly. I am stretched thin. I will need assistance at some point, and I know my boss is already aware of this.

~4 Non Blondes
Have Hope is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Samicat