jesyka
Poohbah

Member Since Jun 2020
270 hugs
given
Default Sep 14, 2023 at 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzulOscuro View Post
Repudiate all men in general only for some negative interactions is irrational and its root is in our prejudices taught since we were kinds.
Everybody have prejudices that we tend to have hidden which rise at moments of tough situations. Rational thinking is needed here, at least to distancing ourselves from these prejudices without denying them but prevent them from influencing our decisions.

Also it’s needed to work on understand a little the others’ behaviours. Only because a man try to attract a woman on the net, it doesn’t make of him a monster.
Then, it’s taking responsibility for our own participation in the even. For example, Jesyca, I think for you it was more a need to experience and experience has a reason. To learn from it. So, you will be more aware of how long you want to go, or find easier to detect red flags. Or even avoid any future similar situation. It’s your choice.

Complaining is good for nothing. You, Jesyka sometimes has a hard time recognising any mistake on your part and when you do it, you use black-white thinking a lot. This is a clear cognitive distortion.
I already mentioned -cognitive distortions-. I would rise this issue up with the student therapist.
When are you visiting him/her?
I have tried to give various men throughout the years the benefit of the doubt, but I have been disappointed & hurt each time. Very few men have actually left me alone.

The ones that got to know me better hurt me on a psychological or physical level.

It’s easy to judge other people when you’ve never personally been hurt by men nefore or sexually assaulted by them.

I have been sexually assaulted & harassed many times. Most men are pigs. I have been assaulted at work even in front of coworkers who did nothing, do it’s not like you can blame alcohol or bring in a club for bad behavior.

I have mostly stayed out of bars & clubs for awhile. I stopped going anywhere alone at night. I rarely even go to the store alone at night anymore.

Why should I be friends with men when all they did was hurt me? Give me one good reason why. And what’s weird is that the some women tell me I shouldn’t be friends with men since I’m married, so it’s like I’m damned if I do, and I’m damned if I don’t. I just can’t win, lol.

I’m doing what I feel the most comfortable & safest doing, NOT what society & other people dictate what I SHOULD do! I’m DONE doing whatever other people think I should do.

I know what works for ME & what doesn’t. I’m done with being expected to think or act a certain way just because it’s what’s considered ‘normal ’ or ‘right’ by other people’s standards

It’s not an easy thing to deal with. Especially when it’s bern done multiple times.. And don’t blame me for things either as it’s not always the victims fault,

Predators are good at spotting their prey. I thought that I was cautious with almost everything in the past, but I apparently wasn’t cautious enough.

As for that guy or whoever it was, obviously I made a mistake with him or them. Never again. I’m officially done with all men online & offline.

Last edited by FooZe; Sep 16, 2023 at 03:15 AM.. Reason: Administrative edit to bring within guidelines
jesyka is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Discombobulated