jesyka
Poohbah

Member Since Jun 2020
272 hugs
given
Default Sep 14, 2023 at 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by divine1966 View Post
If you remember stories about assaults, why would you tell Tart that she’d know better if she was assaulted?

I wasn’t even taking any chances. I don’t go to bars or clubs or drink or wander around in the dark. One time I was going to work and the other going home from work. Not putting myself into dangerous situations. But again these are criminals. It doesn’t mean regular men are this way. It doesn’t do you any services concluding that you can’t trust men. Regular men don’t go around attacking anyone
Idk, all I know is that I’m getting to be very frustrated & upset that I seem to be getting blamed for what happened to me as if just about everything was my fault.

It’d be like me blaming what happened to you & tart as being your fault mostly. Wouldn’t that make you upset too? I came here for support, not to be judged & criticized.

I kept hearing the same accusations:

That’s what happens at bars & clubs, you shouldn’t have been drinking or been there to begin with.

It’s the predators who need to ne blamed for things. They are the problem, not the victims obviously. I’ll always side with the victim no matter how drunk they were or what they were wearing. Idc if their phone died, I wouldn’t call them irresponsible or whatever.

I dont care if they should’ve known better than to talk to a stranger or be there alone, it’s still not their fault for being S.A.

They didn’t ask for it. Maybe I’m in the rare minority here, but I would never victim shame & blame like I’ve been shamed & blamed.

As if that’s all I need to do to not get S.A. That’s not true as I DID get S.A at work once in front of my apathetic coworkers.

I should just stop posting on here as all I’m getting is mostly judgment & accusations from most people on here & not not that much support anymore.

To be fair though, you did provide a few links as did a few other people which I appreciated.

Most of the time I’m bring unfairly criticized & accused of things though & I’m sick of it.

I can’t control certain situations or other peoples actions.

Last edited by jesyka; Sep 14, 2023 at 02:32 PM..
jesyka is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote