View Single Post
MrAbbott

Member Since Jul 2022
148 hugs
given
Default Sep 15, 2023 at 08:35 AM

Hi folks, hope you're doing alright .

Before talking about therapy, I'd like to share with you some kind of feeling I've been having most of my life: isolation. It was like being wrapped by a suffocating plastic cobweb, unable to establish the most basic connections with others. Are you familiar with this feeling?

The first T that ever saw me told my parents I had a "mild adolescent depression". I realize today that my therapist was hideous and made me feel totally ridiculed when sharing things with him. He did something illegal, in the sense that deemed my case not important enough for a psychiatrist to directly intervene and decided to comment my case to a colleague and act as a buffer for my medication with the pdoc never actually visiting me. He would decide when to increase and decrease my meds and he would do it so irresponsibly that after years of that game, getting better and worsening, I

Possible trigger:

After that, one of the best psychiatrists I have the pleasure to have met, rescued me and I realized how tricky the mind can be and how nefarious the wrong professional can turn out to be for the MI.

My first therapist "helped" me lose much time and effort and since then I've timidly tried some others (4 or 5) but haven't found anything that works for me as I think it should. I lack a social circle and maybe that makes my need for somebody more acute, but do you think I should keep trying or reading books on psychology may even prove better, cheaper and more satisfactory in the long run? What's your personal experience? Do you think a T is something more than a wall with eyes that reflects your own ideas or I have just had "bad luck" in my search? Are friends more important than professionals?

Thanks for your input

Invega 3mg
Depakine 800mg
Plenur 400mg
MrAbbott is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Discombobulated, LonesomeTonight