View Single Post
Anonymous43372

Default Sep 16, 2023 at 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discombobulated View Post
Fellow peri menopause/menopause women!

I’ve likely been going through peri menopause for several years now, I’m 51, in my 40s my periods got seriously heavy to the point where anaemia was a problem, also they came closer together at 23-26 day cycles and were lasting 10 days so there wasn’t much of a break.

However this last year although still around 26 day cycles the flow is thankfully lightened, lighter than ever, unfortunately I’m getting cramps now when I hadn’t for years. Up and down hormones no doubt at the root of it. Not considering hrt for personal reasons (don’t feel that unwell, prefer to take natural course when possible) but wondering when this is going to finally end. Is the lightening a sign I may be nearing the last phase? My sister and mother were mid 50s before they finally finished- I’m feeling inpatient, I’m so done with menstruation lol, 39 years of it so far!
Like you, my perimenopause started in my late 30s and lasted until I was 51. At 51, I transitioned to the menopause stage and it's officially been 12 months now since my last period. That said, I still get the random hormonal shift every now and then that reminds me that I still have a sex drive, which I thought vanished forever.

But the side effects of menopause are in the 100's, that some doctors have recorded.

There is no one heightening sign that tells you that you're in the final stage. It's different for every woman, literally-speaking. The final stage is when you haven't had a period for 12 months straight.

I still have a box of maxipads JUST IN CASE my hormones decide to do a full reverse. I still have hot flashes. I still am clumsy, forgetful, DRY IN EVERY ORIFICE (if you know what I mean) and no amount of lotion satiates my dry skin. I also have intense itching inside my ears that drives me crazy. And, no matter what I do, I can't lose the menopause weight that I gained, so decided to give up and try swim-walking for a while this winter.

I wish you luck on your menopause journey. It's a right of passage and one that women should be honored and proud to experience (despite the patriarchy of society and in the medical field that diminishes women's health to "anxiety symptoms").

I'm so happy I don't have to spend money on maxipads ever again. Maybe Depends is in my future though LOL.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Discombobulated