Grand Magnate

Member Since Oct 2012
1,138 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Sep 17, 2023 at 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by divine1966 View Post
Well it’s given that you have to be careful everywhere and can run into toxic stuff pretty much anywhere. On Reddit, in church, on a street, in a store etc Solution is to not go to toxic places-online and irl. If you go and realize it’s toxic, just leave. I have zero toxic experiences on Reddit. I ran into some weird comments from strange people. But it’s no different from real life. We live among people.
I feel that Divine nailed it. I hate to say this for myself - I have come across a lot of toxicity in practically every avenue in my life. The jobs, family, some online forums, and especially the neighbors at where I live. Unfortunately, wherever you go, whenever there are people involved, there will always be conflicts. That's just life.

I've had some rude replies on here a few times. What really hurt was I felt like I was trying to be helpful. Well, I guess I've been guilty of being like that myself, too. At this board, there doesn't seem to be the trolls like at other places I've been at. I don't know if this place filters them out or the trolls don't feel like coming on here.

Best to you Jesyka in finding a good place. My issue on here is there isn't nearly as much participation as it used to be and not as much support as I used to get. I've seen this happen at other boards. I feel like this is still a fairly nice place to come to.

Hugs from:
Discombobulated, felineangel, LadyShadow, MrAbbott, nonightowl

Thanks for this!
LadyShadow, nonightowl