Grand Magnate

Member Since Oct 2019
11.8k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Sep 17, 2023 at 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tart Cherry Jam View Post
Nurtec has completely erased my migraines. They weren't related to hormones, though, and started at age 3. But if you have access to it, try Nurtec. It has been a true lifesaver to me.
Ah yes, you mentioned Nurtec on my other thread about migraine meds. At the time it hadn’t been authorised here but it has now, I’ve been reading about it and I’m curious. Apparently though it seems like at the moment the NHS is only prescribing where 3 other meds have been tried and failed. Thing is, propranolol does work for me as preventative even though it’s had side effects, and triptans work as relief. Apparently Nurtec is very expensive this being the reason it’s not first med prescribed.

I’m curious though, I’m reading that Nurtec is both a preventative and a relief med, is that true? How does that work?

I’ve had migraine life long but think the hormone fluctuations are bringing more, never needed a preventative med until this last year. Oh and the only time in my life migraines vanished was pregnancy.
Discombobulated is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
nonightowl