View Single Post
jesyka
Poohbah

Member Since Jun 2020
283 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Sep 18, 2023 at 12:42 PM

I know I said I’d take a break, but I’m going to make an exception here as I need help with this weird situation.

Before I go on, I finally have some decent news for a change, sort of. I finally found two promising f/t job positions that offer decent pay with medical benefits.

The first one is for a cashier position that pays $20 a hour with medical benefits & a few other perks like discounts.

It’s a f/t job that’s nearby. About 22 minutes from home. The other job offers training for developmentally disabled people. They start out at $20 & then offer $22 & $33 for overnight or overtime pay I think.

I’m not sure about that one as that might be to overwhelming for someone like me. I’ll either be able empathize with the clients or find them to difficult to deal with depending on the severity of their symptoms.

Anyways, I actually met this lady the other day in person off an app so she’s not some A. I robot, or scammer, lol 😆

She’s 40 years old & an artist who actually lives near me. She’s visually impaired in one eye. She can’t drive.

I drove us to an art & wine festival the other day. We had lunch. We have a lot in common with each other. We like a lot of the same music, art, traveling, the same food, & movies too.

She just got out of a toxic relationship with a narc. She can’t find a guy to date because they reject her once they find out about her disability & her inability to drive.

She made a comment about how I’m lucky that I’ve been married for 29 years. I said nothing about it being hard or difficult. I made the mistake of telling her that I settled as I didn’t have any luck with guys back then.

I told her that I’m not close to my family either but I didn’t go into details about things. Maybe I shouldn’t have mentioned that.

She said her mom & dad are alcoholics. So maybe she’s not in a position to judge me, who knows? Her stepdad is OK though & so is her brother.

As for my husband, I didn’t reveal details about him. She asked me if I lived in a house & I said yes. She lives in an apartment with a male roomate.

Idk if these are innocent questions or not or if she is was judging me or is jealous or me or not now.

The weird thing is that she has stopped texting me now. She did respond to me last text the night I dropped her off. I shared some stuff we talked about. She thanked me for sharing links to shows & books.

Then she stopped responding to me after I mentioned something controversial about a band’s history. Idk if I triggered her or not. I didn’t mention exactly what happened.

I said I didn’t agree with what this person did.

It’s been almost two day’s & it’s not like her to not not respond to me. She kept me on read.

Idk if I offended her or triggered her with my last text or if I made her jealous because I’m married & living in a house while she can’t even get a date.

I’m really hurt as she seemed so nice & asked me if I wanted to go out to these clubs, & to see these bands, we both like, movies too as well as walks & now she’s ignoring me. I don’t get it!

She did say that she’s leaving for a trip to WA. with friends & her brother in 2 days for a week. The funny thing is she invited me to see a movie before then.

I don’t understand this lady at all.

Is she ghosting me or maybe just to busy to respond back to me for now? Idk what to do.

What should I do? Should I say anything or not? If I say anything to her, then what should I say without sounding needy or weird?

Is it possible that she might be jealous of me? Her questions sounded like she might’ve been a bit envious of me. What do you guys think?

Anyways, I’m going to apply to that cashier job later today. And a few other places too. Wish me luck.

Last edited by jesyka; Sep 18, 2023 at 01:25 PM..
jesyka is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Discombobulated, nonightowl