View Single Post
eskielover
Legendary Wise Elder

Member Since Oct 2004
14.8k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Sep 23, 2023 at 01:18 PM

I always had a sense of who I was & where I was going & what my goals were more in general than specific. The specifics developed with time. I always enjoyed music & performing from when I was in grade school.....but then I knew I needed a real career to earn money to take care of myself. That degree & career became my identity & when that field crashed in the 1990's it was like I lost who I was even though I still had music & loved to do crafts.

Fast forward 13 years after losing my career I finally bought a small farm & was out of the bad marriage I had been in & fighting for what I knew was right all the time. It was only then (at 54+) that I finally had the peace in my life to figure out myself & what I believed & what I really thought about everything instead of fighting against or apeasing someone else. Now I am busy with my farm & animal care including the wild animals around when needed. I do farm sitting for people. My interests moved from computer engineering to animal care & feel so much peace internally I know I am in the right place for me. I know my values & I don't compromise for anyone. It they don't like it then leave. When someone causes a lack of peace in my life, I analyze the situation & can easily end that relationship. I don't have to be what I am not for anyone & knowing my own values, beliefs & boundaries I will tolerate has given me a real good knowledge of myself. Hobbies are just a part of what I do but they do not define who I am. I took up painting, something I hated all my life & when I have time in my life I do it. My farm & a new puppy keeps me really busy right now. Have some major foundation repairs that need done around my garage & then really want to set up a chicken coop just for enough eggs for me & my friends. I am very self sufficient with many repairs & maintenance things around my farm & I basically try everything & accept things I can't do or don't have the tools for.....all part of accepting my own limitations while holding onto my values & knowing what I like & don't like which helps me be in better control over things others try to get me to do. I know the kind of socializing I like & know what I don't like & that is what I base what I do on. I am involved in groups I know I can make a difference through given the experiences I have lived through. I have to set priorities in my life & they do help define how much time I have for outside activities & I never feel guilty when I have to say "no" to something. All these aspects to life are about figuring your own self out & not basing who you are or what you like on anyone else. Lol....I did such a happy dance in my kitchen of my farm when I went to the grocery store & filled it with ONLY foods that I liked. I love my life & feel totally at peace with myself even when dealing with tough situations. I personally (for me) believe that this was what knowing myself was all about. It took about 10 years of Good therapy to figure it out & process all the crap I went through before moving here & integrating my past into my new present but for the first time in my life I am truly happy

Leo's favorite place was in the passenger seat of my truck. We went everywhere together like this.
Leo my soulmate will live in my heart FOREVER Nov 1, 2002 - Dec 16, 2018
eskielover is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
mote.of.soul