Community Support Team
Community Liaison
Chat Leader

Member Since May 2014
2,320 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Sep 23, 2023 at 01:35 PM

@LizzieVale I am sorry you feel social situations are challenging. That must be rough.

I also find social situations challenging because I try to think of what will be an appropriate response. What does help me is to think in my mind what I would say if I saw this person posting on MSF this site and so I speak what I would normally write. It was awkward at first but it eventually comes more natural.

I think trying to control your thoughts is a way to get upset. Rather than do that I practice turning my attention to other things around me or my breathing or something else. The more I practice concentrating the less intrusive thoughts bother me.

As far as sisters and brothers go I am not the same as them and accepting that has saved me a lot of grief. I have qualities they do not have and they do not seem to value those so I had to stop comparing myself to them.

That in itself does not make the financial challenges go away but accepting myself means I judge myself less and I am more content living my life just as I am.

If you can do any kind of volunteer work, that might help in a couple of areas like getting practice in social situations without a big risk and could possibly lead to a part time paid position. If leaving the house is not possible, there are places like MSF that offer opportunities to support others. @CANDC

"Things Take Time"
CANDC is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
LizzieVale

Thanks for this!
Fuzzybear