View Single Post
rechu
Magnate

Member Since Apr 2016
1,045 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Sep 25, 2023 at 08:39 AM

A friend had a bad experience like that some years back. The clinic normally had just one vet on duty, if that. Otherwise, they employed a few vet techs and a bunch of veterinary students working cheap or for free. The vet took off to the beach for the national holidays. She brought in a sick dog, and the students just kept him under observation until the vet finally got back from the beach. Her dog didn't make it, sadly.

That place always gave me bad vibes. I never took an animal there, but I did accompany her a few times with a pet. She never brought an animal there after that bad experience. If you look at the google reviews, many people have had the same experience with that place.

I feel fortunate that our town has the most modern zoo/animal rehabilitation center in the country. They also operate a 24/7 veterinary clinic that takes care of the zoo animals and regular pets, staffed with professionals in a range of specialties. When our dog, Jade had a large bladder stone, our regular vet sent us there because they have an excellent imaging center. She was old and he wanted to get a good look at what was going on to plan the surgery. We've never had to go there late at night, but it always seems well-staffed when we've gone there. You'd think they'd have to be to handle any emergency with the zoo animals.
rechu is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
AzulOscuro, lizardlady